Our Little Troy ...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 3, 2009

The BEST baby shower EVER


Where do I start ... how do I even write about such a special afternoon!

Firstly I'll start with thanking a beautiful friend, who did so much to make John and my baby shower the coolest, cutest, craziest, funniest and most amazing party EVER. This is what my amazing Candz did for our little baba Woollam ....

The theme was Pink & Blue and everyone had to dress according to what they thought the sex of the baby would be. It was so much fun to see all the blue and pink peeps ... you'll see there was a bit more pink than blue ... we're all waiting to see what this little babie is!

The beautiful venue: Stonehurst Mountain Estate in Westlake



Please note all the pictures on the walls, Candz put baby photos of John and I all around the venue. We had the yummiest food and snacks, Champers and juice.

My mom and I when I was about 4 years old

Rykie, Marili and I were friends at school and now, after all these years, we still see each other all the time and spend so much time together! Rykie and I are even pregnant together, she's due a month after me!

Candice organised a table with white baby vests and fabric paint, for everyone to create a personal baby vest for our little Woollam. I now have 10 of the cutest vests that our Baby Woollam will have and cherish forever ... what a brilliant idea!!!!

Candz with the first little baby-grow!

Mattie holding up Rowan's creation ... Go Joe Dirt!


Just some of the beautiful vests our little baba's going to wear

John and I were surprised with a little "test" game. They brought out a table with 2 babies, each wearing a nappy. We also each got a little pack of wipes, baby powder, bum cream and a new nappy. We were blindfolded and were told to change the babies. The fastest one ... didn't have to eat the content of the nappy!!! Needless to say, the nappy was filled with warm, runny, poo looking chocolate with whole nuts in. Normally I'm a keen chocolate eater, but somehow it sort of changes the idea of chocolate having your face in a "dirty" nappy! It was hilarious to say the least ... photos are proof of our fun!

Looking at the task ahead ... fear!!!


Our peeps in absolute stitches after realising what we're about to go through!

Doing our best!

Not doing to well at this stage ...

At the end, I won the speed test, my baby was changed a few minutes before John's, but had poo all over the back and head, I did a horrible job at cleaning. John's baby was super clean ...

... now we know why ... someone should tell my husband that we can't dislocate legs while cleaning!

So I won the time trial, but totally lost at the cleaning, so we were both punished and both had to eat the content of the nappy ... OH MY GOODNESS!!!


Not even chocolate can taste good when eaten out of a nappy!

Once again, our little Woollam got totally spoilt and we got the most amazing presents. I can't even begin to thank everyone for their special gifts and thoughtfulness. I'm sure our little baba will LOVE every single piece of clothing, toy and contribution.

Opening just one of the many beautiful gifts!

John with little Luca

After the pressies, we all chilled outside, having a boerewors roll or two and enjoyed the last few hours of the afternoon sun.


Marili, Rykie and I enjoying a yummie Boerie!

Our amazing Boerie-Braaier!

With my Tourism Radio girls .. Gen, Taryn and Mandy!

After the baby shower, some of us stayed on to watch the rugby on the big screens at Stonehurst, at least our day ended with a brilliant win by the Springboks ... so here's to a fabulous day all round!

Monis, Mike, Ro, John and Georgie watching the Springboks beat some Kiwi ass!

Candz, thank you sooo much for the most amazing day, a shower I will remember for the rest of my life, John and I loved every second of the day. We are totally blessed to have such an amazing friend with so much love and happiness in her heart! Here's to the W-Club!

Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment