Our Little Troy ...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Wilderness Easter


Chocolate, family and the great outdoors ... what a way to spend a long weekend!

Thursday night we drove to my dad's in Hermanus to get ready for our long drive to Wilderness the next morning.   We decided to go camping next to the river.  My dad has this amazing bushwakka trailer, with built in kitchen and double bed, so not just camping ... camping in luxury!  :)

My dad and brother in our little campsite.  John and I slept in the trailer and my dad, Rudi & Katinka had their own tents.

We had a braai every night and played cards till we couldn't keep our eyes open.  It was a really relaxing weekend ... as you can see with our camping silliness photos below.


We drove to Sedgefield on Saturday for the Wild Oats Market and had pancakes, slap chips and homemade biltong and droewors. 

On our way to Sedgefield we went to see the map of Africa and the Big Tree.




We also went for a long walk on the Wilderness beach, playing catch and in normal Vogt family tradition, had to watch while Rudi and John martial arts each other till John was eating sand and Rudi had to face the fact that John NEVER gives up!



On Saturday night, I got bitten by a rain spider, for those of you who don't know, this is a rain spider:

The bugger bit me in the neck and it was soooo itchy, I was convinced a killer mozie bit me, but then on Sunday morning I looked in the mirror only to find two little wholes on a red and swollen area in my neck.  When John and I put the chairs out for our morning coffee, I found the hairy spider that bit me on the chair!!!
Luckily my 4x4 all equipped dad had this little device that could pull the venom and if he had laid eggs in my neck, out of my skin.  This is what my neck looked like after this whole ordeal:

And now, for all those who has been begging and asking to see my stomach and my very small (if I might add) bump ... here it is:
Hope everyone had a fun-filled Easter and enjoyed family, Lindt bunnies and A LOT of rest!


1 comment:

  1. I love your blog my preggy friend, and ohhhh, my god, I have itchies running up and down my leg from the spider, are you ok, I know they are not poisonous, but still. Let's chat soon, lv You

    ReplyDelete